Are you one of the many who can be heard sighing, “Oh I’d love to spend all my time with dogs but I have to work”? Well, there’s a way you can spend some time helping dogs, and still live your normal routine.
The doggy events that we attend are almost always on a weekend, and we always need an extra pair of hands for helping on the day (for cuddling dogs as well as helping out with the Take Away The Tears stands). If you work some weekends, there’ll hopefully be a date that falls on a day off.
So check your diary and see if you can commit to helping on any of these dates (one, some or all):
- Sunday 9th June, Morpeth Fair Fun Dog Show – full day support needed from 9am-5pm
- Bank Holiday Monday 26th August, Burnhope Summer Fayre & Fun Dog Show (DH7 0DZ) – 11am-4pm
- Saturday 7th September, North East Dog Festival, Kirkley Hall, NE20 0AQ – times to be confirmed
- Saturday 21st September, LARAfest, Blyth, Northumberland – times to be confirmed
- Friday 8th November, Dogs on the Catwalk, Novotel Kingston Park, NE3 3HZ – evening session so straight from work, till late
Depending on your strengths, you might be helping directly with our four-legged friends eg in the show ring, or on the registration desk if you’re good at admin.
Others find that they love to chat to the visitors and their dogs on the tombola stand or selling raffle tickets.
How your support is helping
A massive ‘thank you’ to everyone for helping to make this 12 pallet shipment to Cyprus possible. To those many people who donated the items to send across; those special people that donated their time to help sort and pack the boxes and pack the pallets and to those who donated cash or otherwise sponsored us to support the £2400 cost of this shipment.
And especially to Andrea Thorne of RSS Logistics who has given us such a good deal and is organising the shipment.
To those who gasp at this cost and think we should just send the money – we are supporting a number of different rescue organisations, looking after dogs, cats and horses, and the estimated value of the items being sent across is well over £7000 and that’s excluding the soft bedding and towels etc.
So please, if you are part of this venture give yourself a huge pat on the back.
🐶 Together we make a REAL difference 🐶